Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homework and Galleries

Saturday 14th March 09
Working on drawing assignment, 30 drawings of circles, triangles, squares using different media.
29 completed one to go. I've enjoyed this.

Trying to get some resolution on blue painting, finding it difficult. I may have misunderstood the initial brief.
Although I have culled many of my first ideas it still looks fragmented.
Debating whether or not to take the big step of gluing every thing down and then resolving the unity issue with paint later on.

The gallery visits yesterday with group were varied and very stimulating.
We saw the work of Rosalie Gascoigne which I thought was magnificent.
I was impressed by her use of natural and recycled materials and her exquisite rendering of form. After quick stops at the galleries along Flinders Lane we finished the day at the National Gallery viewing the video work of Bill Viola entitled "Ocean without a shore". I found this work disturbing and thought provoking and as I reflect upon it I am appreciating it more.
It was helpful to see the artist talking about his work on You Tube

1 comment:

  1. Hello Annie

    I've spoken to the council about showing your video. The problem is they don't have sound as the venue is short term.. I've asked if there is another option ..so we will have to wait..I'm sure somethnig will turn up. David

    ReplyDelete